Thursday, April 7, 2011

It's been awhile......

Haven't written anything in a long time... almost 2 months. Not what I intended when I started doing this. Lot of things been going on.. none I really want to talk about right now..

So this is going to be a happy blog post.  The past 2 days, my life has been involving a lot more interaction with small kids.  I live with 3 of my grand kids, with one more on the way.  About 3:15 am Wednesday morning Mady was trying to knock on my bedroom door with her hands full.. She had her Duckie, her new Pooh Bear and 2 cups.  She was convinced she had ants in her bad and that one of the cups was full of ants.  And she wanted to sleep on my floor.  I took the cups from her hands, and asked her which one had the ants... and then I opened it to show her there were no ants.. and took her back to her bed to check for no ants.  There were no ants but she still insisted on sleeping on my floor so I gathered up her comforter and pillows, made her a little bed on my floor.... and she slept there till about 7:30 am.  Now you may be asking. so why is this so worth posting about??  Well Mady's room is right next to her mommy & daddy's room... and normally she gets one of them, usually her daddy when she wakes up from bad dreams..and lately Mady has been wanting to do things like Grandma Sheri....she wants what I have for lunch.. for snack....she even wants to move her bed into my room so she can have a room like me.  And to think when I first moved in with them all, in August of 2009, she didn't want anything to do with me, and for some strange reason she called  me "Joey"

We also have been having the pleasure of keeping the little boy from across the street, Kyle ... which is really good! He's about 6 weeks old, and we (Amy & I) are learning what we still need before Gavyn arrives in a few weeks... and how to multi-task with a baby.  I'm a little more out of practice than Amy.. it's been over 20 years since I took care of a baby... and things sure have change!!  I didn't have even half the things that she has that makes it easier. And I didn't have a laptop either.. only a large very slow (but fast for the time) PC.  And I couldn't be happier learning to do all this over again!  I loved being a stay-at-home mom when my kids were little, and I'm loving the fact that I will be with this new grand child from day one!

Amy's best friend down here had her first child, Ayden, this past Monday.  And I will get to spend time with that one, and spoil him just a little as well!!  My life is getting full of little babies and I love it!!!  I  have always loved having a baby around.  I just need to learn how to type with one hand, how to rock a bouncy chair with my foot and a bunch of other things I have forgotten how to do. 

But life could not be better than being surrounded by God's miracles!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment