Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Downsizing...

I've been downsizing for a while now... I moved from a 1200 sq ft apartment, to a 510 sq ft apartment, to my room in my daughter's house.  And with all the downsizing, I have gotten rid of things that wouldn't fit, that I didn't really need. But there is one thing that I haven't gotten rid of, and until recently had never EVER thought I would get rid of.  My bed!  I have a California King bed, that has 6 drawers under it, is a four poster bed that I love.  The bed is about 24 yrs old.. and so is the mattress.  The bed holds about 14 pillows, my laptop, another bed tray, an assortment of stuffed animals.. and lots of memories, some bad, but more good ones than bad.  But the bed is BIG, it takes up a lot of room, it's getting harder for me to make, and I only sleep on a twin size portion of it.  I've got a memory foam pad on top of it, and that is where I sleep.  I really don't need that big of a bed.. it's just me sleeping in it... sometimes a grand child will climb in, but we all fit on the twin size part of the bed.  Sheets for it are hard to find.. I'm picky.. they must be purple... and they are expensive.  I need a new comforter for it, and the only I really like, yes.. it's purple, doesn't come in the right size... you guessed.. it comes in twin!  And add to that, my 2 grand daughters are getting new beds soon, nice little loft beds, and the twin size bed that my oldest grand daughter sleeps in, is a very nice bed.  Has a nice black frame, that my wonderful son-in-law says he will paint, yup, purple for me.  And I can have a bed skirt!  I've always wanted a bedskirt, but with this having drawers, couldn't do it.  I will have to give up some pillows, and I'm gonna gain a lot of room in here.  So why, am I having such a hard time letting go of huge, bulky, wonderful, comforting, my little piece of heaven?

No comments:

Post a Comment