Sunday, February 6, 2011

Want or Need

I use to do a lot of writing.. mainly when I was in high school... (I don't think I'm that unusual.. .I think a lot of girls write things in high school) I had a binder of my writings, somewhere, but through the years, and moves, and boxes packed and unpacked and packed again, the binder is lost.  But the urge to write things down has returned, (duh.. you are saying.. why else would you be writing a blog if not for that! lol ).. Here is something that has been rumbling around in my brain till I wrote it down:

I don't want you to need me.  Needing is selfish, smothering, and dull.  Needs are things you have to have, air, food,shelter.  The daily stuff.  I want  you to want me.  Wanting is dreams, promises, rainbows.  Wanting is a good piece of chocolate that you slowly eat and savory the creamy texture as it slides down your throat. Wanting is anticipation of getting the very thing you have been dreaming of all day.  Please don't tell me that you need me.  I have people all day needing me, tearing me in little pieces, not leaving much of me  at the end of the day.  Please just tell me you want me.  You want me to be by your side as the fire crackles and the warmth starts putting the pieces back together.  You want me in the shower, to wash away all the days needs off of me, leaving me to want you to rub the rough edges of the glue that we used to put me back together.  Tell me you want me, just simply want me.

It took me awhile to really figure out the difference between wanting and needing.  I think I'm at the point in my life where I don't want a man to "need" me.  Instead I want him to want me, to desire me, heck, maybe even crave me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment