Friday, February 4, 2011

Fibromyalgia

 I read this blog a few days back, and I really think it's worth sharing.  Living with fibro is not easy, living with someone who has it, is even harder.  I've been lucky to be able to live with my daughter (who has fibro), my son-in-law and the kids since shortly after being diagnosed.   In fact, it was the persistence of my SIL, Shawn, to find out what was going on with his wife, that led me to being diagnosed.  

Relationships, Divorce, and Dating—With FM « Fibromyalgia – Fibro Blog

After reading this, I've  started to change my way of thinking about my day, and my life in general.  On most days, it's really not a big deal.. I can do most anything I want.  But, on those other days, if I get out of bed, that's a big deal, and if I do nothing more than that, then I'm happy.  I use to push myself, only to end up having more and more bad days in a row than good.   I'm trying to learn to pace myself, not always an easy thing to do because this little voice in the back of my mind pipes up and starts telling me how worthless I am for not having gotten more done, for being a whimp... that I should just force myself to do everything that needs to be done.  This week has been one of those "bad" weeks.. lots of stress, fighting a cold.. and finally I had to listen to the screaming in my head to simply stop.   Today I got up, sat at my beading desk for a good portion of the day, (didn't get any beading done)... kept an eye on my 3 yr old grand daughter, and now.. me and my laptop are in bed... and I only feel a little guilty about it.  Tomorrow... well I'll worry about that when I awake again... my plans for the day... right now... get out of bed... the rest is just icing right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment